keywords: ip pbx voip gateway gsm gateway

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
× Questions about A400/800/1200 Analog Interface Card

How to Use Timing Cable

14 years 9 months ago #3577 by stojko
Can you explain to us a little bit more, why to connect cards with timing cable at all? What are benefits?
Thanks.
14 years 8 months ago #3580 by miaolin
before use clock line, each card work on it's own clock, since the precision of the clock is limited, each card will send /receive voice data at different speed. in voice usage, this small issue can be omitted, but in data communication such as Fax/Modem, it will cause big problem. data lost will cause communication broken or fax broken.

Use timing cable will force all the cards work at same clock source, send data at same speed. so no data lost happen.

if you just have 1 card in system, all the channels on that card already use the same clock source, no needs of timing cable.
14 years 8 months ago #3584 by pharmavox
Hi I have bought an Openvox A800P with six FXS and 2 FXO and a B100P ISDN...Do I have to do the same with this two card? Is possibile to share the same clock between this 2 cards too...If so where could I find the clock cable?
Thanks a lot...
14 years 8 months ago #3586 by james.zhu
hello,
it is impossible to do that. only Analog card and pri cards. by the way, the image is wrong, if want to use FXS with fax, at least there is a fxs module in the a800P.
regards!
James.zhu

14 years 2 months ago #4601 by pemer
Hello,

nothing is impossible. (Adidas)
sorry, but the only manufacturer that make for that a solution is sangoma. With the A500 and the A200 card from sangoma can you make that.

-> A800P configuration:
the old mISDN <= 1.1.9.2 can you make a timing sync to the ztdummy. A software solution, if haven't that tested that.
Just input in the configuration /etc/misdn-init.conf
timer=1

the secound think is that you must have a dummy interface in dahdi or in zaptel.
Just load the kernel module.

best regards

Patrick
14 years 5 days ago #5302 by suhor
Hi,
I want to install 2 A1200P card in a PC. First card contains 12 FXS and the second card contains 12 FXO. In future I want to add another A1200P card with 12 FXO. All lines will be used for voice only. Do I have to use the timing cable?

Thank you
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds